The Philadelphia Fight will again host the USARL International 9’s Invitational on Saturday, May 21st when six teams from around the world will compete in the 2016 tournament.
he Philadelphia Fight, are three time USARL XIIIs Champions and reigning Co-Champions of last year’s 9s tournament and one of six teams playing for the 9s Trophy. The tournament will be held at AA Garthwaite Stadium in Conshohocken, PA (Harry St and E 11th Ave, Conshohocken, PA 19428) on Saturday, May 21st with the first kickoff at 10am.
- Philadelphia Fight (USA)
- Mindarriba Warriors (AUS)
- White Plains Wombats (USA)
- Brantford Broncos (CAN)
- Latin Heat (AUS)
- USARL Barbarians (USA)
Similar to its Rugby Union counterpart – Rugby 7s, 9s is a modified version of Rugby League that’s the ultimate in finesse, speed and physical brute force. Each team fields 9 players playing in two 9 minute halves.
The six teams split in two groups with round robin games before deciding the knockout stages. At the completion of this stage, teams will be ranked based on their performance.
- 10:00am-2pm Team Group games.
- 2-3pm Knock-Out Stage commences after all of the teams have been ranked.
- 5-6pm The Grand Final will be the last match of the day, played between the two final remaining teams.
ORDER TICKETS ONLINE – PRE-SALE PROMOTIONS
Take advantage of our online pre-sale promotions now, by purchasing your tickets HERE
GET FIGHT MERCHANDISE – FREE BEER WITH RUGBY GEAR:
Don’t forget to wear your favorite team’s colors to the event. Receive one Free Beer Ticket upon entry when wearing any Rugby League / Rugby Union apparel. Receive two Free Beer Tickets upon entry when you wear Philadelphia Fight apparel. Discounts also for military and families. Make sure you support your local Fight team and stock up on your supporters gear before the tournament. You can access the Online Fight Store HERE
ABOUT 9s RUGBY LEAGUE
The same as rugby league laws with the following exceptions.
- Each team is allowed a squad of up to fifteen players, with no more than nine players on the field at any time. Unlimited substitutions are allowed from a named bench of four players.
- The match lasts for 20 minutes, divided into two halves of 9 minutes. 2 minute interval allowing for the teams to change ends.
- Each half starts with a place kick.
- Scrums consist of no more than 5 forwards, with a maximum 3 in the front row and 2 in the second row. When the ball is in the scrum no more than 4 players from each team shall act as backs. The ball must emerge from behind the feet of the second row.
- Conversions after a successful try take the form of drop kicks. Players from the team that has conceded the score do not have to retire behind the try line but must not interfere with any conversion attempt.
- When points have been scored the team against which points have been scored will receive a drop kick from the team that scored (must travel at least 10 meters)
Philadelphia Fight Rugby League Club © Copyright 2015.